The Filipino Community of Seattle (FCS) Senior Program has been in existence for more than 20 years. Housed at the Filipino Community Center, the senior lunch program is made possible through our partnership with the City of Seattle Human Services Division. We serve lunch every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Seniors enjoy the camaraderie of friends who are mostly living alone or couples living by themselves. The lunch program is monitored by Seattle King County Public Health. A dietician inspects the food service every month to make sure the seniors are served with culturally appropriate food.
In 2018 FCS served approximately 13,000 meals, which is approximately a 10% increase year by year. The FCC is the center of socialization and general information of seniors.
We serve the elderly, disabled, low income, limited English speaking, immigrant’s lives in Seattle and King County. It includes survivor/victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking, and the homeless.
Senior Lunch Program Includes:
- Senior Lunch at 11:30AM to 1:00PM
- Food Bank – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Zumba Fitness Program- 10:30AM to 11:30 AM (Every Monday and Thursday)
- Recreational Bingo at 10:30 am to 11:30 AM (Every Tuesday)
- Safety Awareness Program, presented by Seattle Police Department and Health professional, which include:
- Fraud and Scam targeted to seniors
- Fire cause by negligence cause by cigarette smokers, drapes over electric heaters, cooking etc
- What to do when involved in car accidents
- CPR training every year by Seattle Fire Department
- Emergency & Natural calamities preparedness
- Health presentation by Nurses, Doctors and Health Representatives
- Blood Pressure screening once a month by registered nurses
- Health education classes and presentation such as Diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Healthy Brain Aging Program, etc.
- Food presentation by dietician
- Public Assistance
- Energy conservation
- Information and Referrals
- Card Games after Lunch
- Barber shop during lunch day
- Computer training for seniors.
- Naturalization program referral
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.